Friday, May 6, 2011

From Bed Post To Candle Sticks


Crafting Moment!

Candle Sticks
I was out Thrifting the other day and came across this Bed/head & foot board....

My mind started racing....There is so many thing I could do with it. I could keep it a bed~Make it a Bench~But with the chunky spindles I knew I was going to Get me some  
Chunky Candle Sticks!!!
First I got my "Man Tool" and we were off to work.
 It was kinda tricky figuring out the cuts that would make the best candles but we finally figured it out.
We filled all of the holes with this Rock Hard Water Putty
When it was dry we sanded it smooth.
Next we cut out the bases for the sticks to sit on. We used the middle of the head board for this, it help keep the same texture and it was being resourceful. 
We cut 2 squares for each stick, a large and a small about 1 inch different.
 Then we attached the bases to the sticks.We used wood glue
and then a nail gun to make sure they were secured.
Also some wedged to keep them level.
Then they were ready to prep for paint. A little bit of caulk around all of the cracks.
Started with a primer

Final Coat and Glaze

I got lucky and found three matching glass vases at good will. 
If you cant find matching I think it would be cute to mix and match.


Attached them to the top of the sticks with E-6000 glue.
 
And.........
Wha La!
I was able to make these out off chair legs using the same concept.
Happy Crafting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment